Friday, August 1, 2014

Don't Fear the Kombucha

Every attempt to brew Kombucha that I have made has been a huge failure.  Who knew that I could get one going and have it on this tour doing nearly everything wrong and it is thriving! It's about 3 weeks old now and doing so well.  

Sweet tea is easy to come by, especially in the South.  We just add in more tea when the bottle gets low.  




I was even able to share my culture with a  friend in Lynchburg!  



The kombucha that I brewed before was surrounded by fear.  Do this, don't do that, make sure you use only this type of water, only this type of bottle, everything must be sterile! cover it with this type of cloth....  All the rules make my head spin.  We just decided to go for it after that stomach bug got us.  No more fear.  Just a bottle, some kombucha culture starter and a paper towel, or coffee filter, and a lid.

This wonderful little brew rides in the trailer all day, sealed up, shaken up and brews fast! I uncover it sometimes at night or on rest days.  It is carbonated so well.  I don't know why it works.  It works.  That is all I care about!  No more spinning head.  Luscious Kombucha to drink everyday!